This bilingual book (English and Slovenian) describes the unusual fortifications erected around Slovenian capitol of Ljubljana by Italians in 1942. The ring of wire, defended by brick-built machine-gun bunkers was supposed to defend the city against the partizans (resistance movement) as well as to contain the city’s population. Taken over by Germans in 1943 It virtually transformed the city into a large concentration camp. The citizens enthusiastically dismantled it after the liberation and only a few reminders still stands today, preserved as historic monuments.
Ad Pirum, 2006